Earn Free Stuff!

TV 45 Interview

Watch My Interview
2nd on the program about 14 mins. in.

Subscribe Now

Saturday, November 20, 2010

I still love bargains!

Yes, I've been on a blog sabbatical.  For several weeks I've been contemplating a few things, such as:

  • how I am spending my time
  • how to generate income
  • how to spend the least in order to get the most (that hasn't changed!)
  • paying off a huge expense before the deadline arrives next week
  • setting some goals for the things I want to accomplish

and so on...

I came to one conclusion about bargain shopping and couponing—it's one of the smartest choices I've ever made. Everything about spending has changed in our home and it's become the badge of honor to broadcast to friends and family alike our bargain buys.

Another conclusion is that there are multiple blogs out there that do the grocery and drugstore match-ups and coupon links better than me, so I believe I will bow out gracefully and follow these myself:
www.iheartpublix.com
www.southernsavers.com
www.frugalcouponliving.com
www.totallytarget.com

These are great blogs for coupon clippers like me.  I'd like to reserve the right to post other terrific bargains I come across that may help my friends and readers because I can't resist a free thing or a great buy!  What will the future of I Love A Bargain be?  Here's a preview:


My husband and I have taken it to another level and become "flippers." We are able to combine our particular talents to purchase items for rock-bottom prices and resell them for a profit. It helps that we have a huge pickup truck, that he can fix almost anything, we both enjoy researching products, I am the one who haggles prices and strikes the bargain—and we are having fun.  We've always enjoyed working on projects together, only this time, we are making money!

In six weeks we have made a profit of more than $600.  I used to put in 30-40 hours in the same six weeks writing or editing to make that much money.  Instead, we are spending a few hours every weekend looking for bargains and then getting them ready for resale.  In a difficult economy where people are spending less, it makes sense to purchased pre-owned items.  Here are some photos of a few of the items we've found, cleaned up, fixed, painted, sanded, vacuumed, and sold:

Electric fireplace sold $199

Teak Loungers sold $125

Copper patio heater sold $80

7-pc patio set sold $150


It's tempting to want to keep some of the treasures we've found, and that is part of the fun.  We were able to use the outdoor furniture right up until we sold it.  It was actually cold (one morning) enough to try out the patio heaters we had for a few days.  We've been selling items at very competitive prices so the folks buying our things are getting great deals, too.

We have some items for sale on craigslist now and will be posting them here on this site as well.  Pass on this site if you know anyone who may be interested in one of these items. If you want all the details for a particular thing, just click on the link provided.

6.5 ft wrought iron candelabra $50

bike trailer seats two BRAND NEW! $75

Peg Perego Stroller & Car Seat Combo $110

Toyota Camry New Hubcaps Set of 4 $40




We will be posting more every few days, so stay tuned for more bargains.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest

Look for...

Printable Coupons

Get the Scoop

Get updates from ILaB